Santa’s sleigh tour itinerary
Santa’s launches his Christmas tour of Congleton on Sunday, with presents for everyone — and opportunities for supporters to donate to charity.
There’s also prizes: youngsters should get their parents to text Rudolph to 70085 by noon on Friday, 20th December to be in with a chance of winning four unlimited wristbands for Winter Wonderland in Stoke.
Santa can also be given donations via his website congletonsanta.org.uk or people can donate between £1 and £20 by texting SANTA and the number of pounds to donate to 70450 (texting SANTA 2 to 70450 would donate £2).
All Claus’s causes benefit the people of Congleton. The annual collection raises funds for local charities including Visyon, Friends for Leisure, Titan Explorer Scouts and Macmillan Cancer Support.
Santa has had a word with the bank of the North Pole and it still happily accepts old round pound coins and left-over holiday money.
New to Santa’s nice list this year is: Dress Cheshire, the dress agency of Cheshire based in Prestbury village; Dress Cheshire is giving 15% off to anyone who mentions Congleton Santa, until Tuesday, 10th December.
Due to weather, traffic and the lack of flying reindeer, all routes are subject to change.
For live updates, visit congletonsanta.org.uk
Santa will try to visit everyone who’d like to meet him on the listed routes, but please remember he can’t stop on the main roads, as then he’d have to put himself on his own naughty list.
His route is as follows, so let it not snow on these evenings in December:
● Sunday, 1st, 4.30-8.30pm West Heath (Longdown);
● Monday, 2nd, 6-8.30pm West Heath (Ullswater);
● Tuesday, 3rd, 6-8.30pm West Heath (middle);
● Wednesday, 4th, 6-8.30pm Ennerdale;
● Thursday, 5th, 6-8.30pm Bankyfields;
● Friday, 6th, 6-8.30pm Woodlands;
● Sunday, 8th, 4-8.30pm Henshall Hall;
● Monday, 9th, 6-8.30pm Lower Heath (not Havannah);
● Tuesday, 10th, 6-8.30pm Daisybank;
● Wednesday, 11th, 6-8.30pm Canal Road, Derwent, Isis;
● Thursday, 12th, 6-8.30pm upper Buglawton;
● Friday, 13th, 6-8.30pm Grangelands;
● Sunday, 15th, 4.30-8.30pm lower Buglawton;
● Monday, 16th, 6-8.30pm Astbury Lane Ends;
● Tuesday, 17th, 6-8.30pm Leek Road;
● Wednesday, 18th, 6-8.30pm Bath Vale/Bromley Road;
● Thursday, 19th, 6-8.30pm Havannah/Manchester Road;
● Friday, 20th, 6-8.30pm contingency;
● Sunday, 22nd, 4.30-8.30 Bromley Farm.
Also on Santa’s nice list are Emblazed, Print and Embroidery for new hi-vis vests to keep the elves safe as they collect for Congleton Santa and Claus’s causes; Winter Wonderland Stoke for providing such an icy cool prize; House Creative Agency for web hosting and Big Will at Holt Apparrel for all his help and Callum at DONR.
Still on Santa’s nice list are Pooles Towing for towing, a tow vehicle, fuel and Rudolph Robbie Poole; Ruth Burgess from Congleton Council for keeping the sleigh safe and warm; the boys at Beardmore Motors for Elf and Safety checks; Adrian and the Elves at DXG Media and Karen and the team at Entwhistle Group for printing, the Chronicle for printing this, and Jamie Leah Turnock for writing all the copy. As always, a big round of Santa-plause to Congleton4Congleton for the grants that makes Santa’s Sleigh rides to Congleton possible.
This article is available to subscribers only.