Lunch raised £7k for chemotherapy
Dear Sir, — We would like to thank all those people who supported our charity lunch at Glebe Farm, Astbury, on Sunday, 18th August.
With an auction run by Jonty Cliffe, a raffle, ticket sales, money from our Easter egg event and donations, we managed to raise more than £7,700.
All this money is going to the Macmillan unit at Macclesfield hospital to purchase new chemotherapy chairs and equipment, which will eventually be moved to the new Christie unit being built in Macclesfield.
We would like to thank all those people who donated lots for the auction and raffle prizes, but in particular we would like to thank the following:
• Phil Robinson: holiday chalet on Anglesey
• Yamaha: Yamaha keyboard
• The Wormough 4x4 club: off-road experience
• Bear Balloon Astbury: hot air balloon ride
• Glebe Farm: Segway experience
• Bostocks: coach vouchers
• Kerrie at Beautique Nails: nails voucher
• Sharon at Salon 29: hair voucher
• KingfishR: meal voucher.
Thanks for helping us to make it a really successful day. — Yours faithfully,
ROTARY CLUB OF CONGLETON.
This article is available to subscribers only.