A blaze involving store sign

Firefighters were called to the town’s branch of Sainsbury’s after the sign on top of the store caught fire.
Biddulph’s fire crew was called to the High Street supermarket just after 8am on Monday to find that the letter “A” in the Sainsbury’s sign had fallen over and gone up in flames.
The supermarket and its car park were closed while firefighters dealt with the incident. Luckily, they were able to act before the fire could spread. Nobody was injured. The supermarket has since been fully reopened.
A spokesman for Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “We were called at 8.10am to reports of a fire at Sainsbury’s in Biddulph.

This article is available to subscribers only.

Login Subscribe