Quick-thinking leaflet deliverer puts out fire

A Sandbach man has said his quick reactions after discovering a bin fire probably prevented a house from going up in flames.
Linden Burt, (42), said that he was distributing leaflets for his new business in the Elworth area on Monday afternoon when he smelled burning plastic.
After following the scent around Gibson Crescent, he came across a refuse bin engulfed in flames.
Mr Burt said: “No one was inside the house so I went to a neighbour to alert them and get some water to put out the fire. I stamped out the rest of it.

This article is available to subscribers only.

Login Subscribe