14.8 C
Congleton
Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Fire door stopped blaze spreading

A blaze was prevented from spreading at a property in Congleton thanks to a fire door.
The alarm was raised just after 9.45am on Sunday following reports of a fire at a premises on Rood Hill.

Three fire engines attended, from Congleton, Alsager and Macclesfield.
On arrival the crews found that the fire involved an electric radiator.

The building was evacuated while two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose to extinguish the flames. A large fan was used to ventilate the area.

Congleton Fire Station said the blaze was contained thanks to a fire door which prevented smoke and fire from spreading to nearby rooms.

Related News

Stay Connected

5,800FansLike
1,300FollowersFollow
5,427FollowersFollow
- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles