13.1 C
Congleton
Thursday, July 7, 2022

No reopening date for minor injuries unit

Service will “remain suspended” at the minor injuries unit at Congleton War Memorial Hospital, it was confirmed this week.

Residents had voiced concern that the unit at the Canal Road hospital had not been able to operate because staff had been transferred to Macclesfield District General Hospital.

In a recent letter to the Chronicle, one resident said this had “deprived” people in Congleton and caused a “great inconvenience”.

The Chronicle asked East Cheshire NHS Trust whether the unit in Congleton would be reopening soon.

A spokesperson said: “To ensure patients continue to receive safe and effective care, the minor injuries unit will remain suspended so that we can continue to direct our staff and resources to support urgent care at Macclesfield Hospital’s emergency department.

“We acknowledge that some Congleton residents may have to travel further to access emergency treatment. Please visit NHS 111 online or call 111 for 24/7 advice about the most appropriate care for your needs.”

Local MP Fiona Bruce told the Chronicle she was “looking into the concerns”.
Mrs Bruce has previously campaigned to maintain NHS provision in Congleton.

Related News

Stay Connected

5,800FansLike
1,300FollowersFollow
5,426FollowersFollow
- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles